Alphabet arcs…The alphabet written or placed in an arc shape to help students learn their abcs. You can find printed abc arcs to use individually for students at their desks. Or you can use magnetic letters on your easel for a literacy center. I like to use the arcs with books since I try to tie everything I teach into real reading activities.
There are many different ways to use the arc with abc books.
– match capitals in book to capitals in arc
– match capitals in book to lower case in arc
– find letter in book on arc and name the letter that comes before it
– find letter in book on arc and name the letter that comes after it
– place some of the letters on the arc (a, l, z) and students fill in the other
letters in the correct abc order
These are some of our favorite ABC books besides the favorite go-to abc book, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.
What ways do you use abc arcs? Do your students have a favorite abc book that they love? I am always looking for new books!